Period: January 2017 – ongoing
Client: The Daily Express
Subject: Promotions to increase newspaper sales
Source a series of bespoke reader offers that are hard-hitting, impress the editor and entice the readers to buy a copy of The Daily Express.
An outbound campaign by telephone and email to source bespoke offers which are exclusive and strongest in the market for the dates of the promotion.
- Creation of sales deck for presentations with multiple and chain operators and/or brand partners
- Source a range of offers from various categories including dining, retail, attractions etc
- Ensure the offers include a range of offer types including BOGOF, 30% off, £5 off £20 spend etc
- Management of the creation of partner advertorials
- Partner image sourcing
- Final sign off with partners
A series of successful, popular offers that were repeated throughout the year. Some examples below:
- Family Breaks from £5 per night with Haven
- 30% off at Chef & Brewer
- Free Cinema Tickets
- 30% off at Bella Italia
- Kids go Free – National Express
- Free movie with TalkTalk TV
Overall, every reader offer that Carlana Marketing created was very successful and both partners were delighted with the outcome of increased newspaper sales and promotion redemptions. The editor even decided to repeat each promotion – the Chef and Brewer promotion ran 4 times!
Since running a series of campaigns for The Daily Express, Carlana Marketing have worked closely with the team at Reach PLC and now source adhoc promotions for The Daily Express and The Daily Star.
If you’re interested in hearing more about more of our sales promotions or would like to hear how we can create a promotional marketing campaign for you, please get in touch.